2/17/08

So much for the Flu Shot...


snowdayz
Originally uploaded by klutz67
Well, I spent from late Wednesday night through about mid-day on Friday feeling like my insides were staging a coup. Ugh. Luckily, I was able to sleep a lot. K&K came home Thursday to find I pretty much hadn't moved since they'd left in the morning -- meaning I had forsaken the computer and the television. These are damn good indications that I am not in good shape. By noon on Friday, I was at least semi-functional (though a little bedgraggled, admittedly) and by about 10PM, I was feeling almost normal. Sheesh. My stomach still feels like I've been doing crunches for hours on end, but at least I can complete an entire task without being interrupted by thoughts of curling up on the nearest horizontal suface in the fetal position, and the thought of food doesn't make my stomach lurch like I'm looking down from the top of the Sears Tower.Yesterday, K&K and I went to pick up a side of beef that I'd bought from a friend. We split it in thirds with Shug, and loaded up our respective freezers. After that, I commenced with having a day chock full of near-complete laziness and sloth. (Like the previous two days of flu didn't fill my quota of that. Oy.) I took a nap, played computer games, answered e-mail, thought about theater stuff for the upcoming week (though I did nothing about it), and watched about 4 hours of home improvement shows on TV. *sigh* If only I could do that kind of thing for a week in a row without the sickness part interfering. It was bliss.

The home improvement thing? Completely addicting. I have never lived anywhere that I thought I could make any sort of a dent in "improving" my home. Before living at the farm, I always lived in apartments that wouldn't even allow me to paint. At the farm, Shug wanted things to stay pretty much status quo as far as decor, and I never felt like the house was mine (which ended up being true, funnily), so I never felt enough ownership to offer to improve anything. Now, it's all up to me and it's sort of the only place in my life where I am feeling in control. So I broke out the spackle and sandpaper and fixed several holes, bought towel hooks and other accessories for the "guest" bathroom, and I've started making paint color plans. Several wall seams have cracks, and my plan is to get someone to check for structural problems and, barring anything unexpected, I plan to lay in supplies to repair and repaint most of the house once K&K move out. The busier I am at home, the less money I spend, and since the budget is going to be WAY tight, I plan to have enough supplies on hand to keep me very, very busy.

This week, I have a lot on my plate. Tomorrow (and, to be fair, part of today), I have to catch up on being gone from work for 2 days. Tomorrow night, I need to come up with some sort of handout to give to a service club that's given the theater a bunch of money to upgrade our sound system -- I know it's all been upgraded, but I have to put the details together for them. Tuesday night, I have the service club dinner, where I hope to distribute the handout and get away without having to speak much, because I kind of suck at it. Wednesday, I hope to finish up a template for a friend's website and get her a copy. Thursday and Friday I have to finish up plans for our theater board "retreat." Saturday is the retreat. And a week from today I will begin packing to leave for my scrapbook weekend on the ocean the following weekend.

Never a dull moment...though I plan on working a few more of those into my life, thanks. So what's going on this week with YOU?

No comments: