2/20/08

It's All About...The Moon

I am photographing the process of the Total Eclipse of the Moon this evening. Already, just 40 minutes into it or so, I have come to the conclusion that by December of 2010, when the next one occurs, I will need a better camera. Already this one is better than the one from this summer, but I really would love to be able to zoom so much closer. Ah well. Progress has been made, and I hope to have some cool shots. Of course, I'm an idjit and left my card reader at work, so the photos won't be uploaded to Flickr until tomorrow. But Rick should be happy to know that the tripod he gave me for Christmas is doing a bang-up job.

Other than that? I got my picture taken with the Rotary club handing me a big check for the theater. That should hit the local paper soon. Can't post that tonight either.

***********************

Tonight, I heard the oddest thing when we were out to dinner:

We were sitting in the new sports bar/restaurant, and a kid that worked at my plant last year, "M", had come in and sat with us, as did another of our current employees, and we were all talking and eating and having a good time. "M" seems to know everyone, and apparently being recognized is very common for him and he told several anecdotes about running into people he knows in bizarre places.

A young couple wandered in and took the table next to ours. I noticed that the guy kept looking at us. Finally, after about 20 minutes, the guy turned around and said to "M", "Aren't you from [a local town]?"

"M" said he was. We all laughed and shook our heads about how everyone knows "M".

The guy then said, "Aren't you "M"?"

"M" agreed that he was. Again, we were cracking up about him being Mr. Popularity.

Then the guy nodded slowly. "So YOU'RE the guy who handcuffed my cousin to the headboard."

"M" turned 12 shades of red, as he nodded and slowly turned back to face us. Then we all died laughing. I am just hoping, in retrospect, that the guy who asked was laughing too. I was to embarrassed to even look at him again.

*******************

With that, I must get back out to shoot the moon.

No comments: