9/8/07

Barefoot in the Sauk

So we're doing Neil Simon's "Barefoot in the Park" at the theater...we open on Thursday. We were supposed to open almost 3 weeks ago, but the theater leaked like a sieve on the Monday before, and we postponed. In the meantime, we've painted and cleaned (and tried to ignore the mold and the smell of the mold, which frankly makes me a touch nauseous) and tried to upgrade the set. Last night, when no one else was there, I went to the back of the theater and looked up at the stage. By Jove, I think we've got it. A little more paint today, some cleanup, and some purchasing of supplies tomorrow, and dress rehearsal should be a snap.

I have pictures of where we started from and I'm just amazed. I always am. Theater is always world-building in miniature. We started out looking something like this:




Progressed to this:



Had some cast photos posed when it looked like this:


My favorite picture of the production so far, and just to clarify, I do NOT have a foot fetish:


One day set construction and a run-in with a drill ended me up here:


Looking like this:


And by this past Thursday night, we had progressed to hanging the radiator like this, which required a LOT of teamwork:


And now, once the finishing touches are done this afternoon, I'll post the finished product. Or the nearly finished product. Or something. But my early morning ramble has finished, I'm going to chase off the screaming cats outside my window (these aren't even mine, I swear!!!) and it's back to bed. It's Saturday after all -- I can (sort of) sleep in.

No comments: