9/25/07

It's All About...The List

I have had so much going on in the last week that I needed to make a list just to try and remember what I had to write about. Now, by the time I’m actually getting around to writing it, I have had to edit my list just to make it relevant. (I suppose that means that I either need to be less detailed with what I want to post, or I need to be a bit more timely in posting!)

School – Yes, I said I was going to skip this next class. No, I couldn’t stick with that decision. I need to keep going, even if I want to be lazy, lazy, lazy. So I started my HTML Programming class last Thursday, which everyone is quick to point out is NOT a programming class. Nice to do to those of us who haven’t a clue, eh? Title a class “HTML Programming” and wait until the class starts to provide the disclaimer about it not being a programming class. Talk about confusing. So far, I am a touch behind due to…well, I’ll get to that in a minute…but suffice to say that I have quite a bit of homework tonight. (I ordered the book late, so cross your fingers that it actually arrives today!)

Theater Stuff – Still haven’t heard back from the appliance place, so I need to call them again to be sure they can get their appliances from the last show. I was asked by the local paper to write a brief article for the fall “community activities” supplement and got that done on Friday…and then it didn’t send from my e-mailbox. Poor woman must’ve thought I’d backed out on her!! I’m planning to go ask at this week’s board meeting to direct “On Golden Pond” in February. Yes, yes, glutton for punishment, yada, yada, yada. I just can’t stand to not be doing a show.

Soccer – My niece is a soccer prodigy. (Gee, prejudiced much?) I have always found it quite incredible that my Texas-based niece is a great soccer player, and I loved going to every single one of my stepson's soccer games. It tickled me no end to watch my 4-year-old niece this weekend get 6 break-aways and score 4 times. See? Very cool.


Weekend Party – Sis and I had a party over the weekend for our coworkers. We called it our first annual “We’ve Lived Together a Year and Not Killed Each Other” party. Preparation was stressful, the party itself was easy as pie. We didn’t have the turnout we’d expected, but it was a great blend of people and I think everyone enjoyed themselves. The big frustration? The beer tap. We got way too big a keg, had to hunt for a tap, and the tap not only leaked, but is now locked up tight. So I have about 12 gallons of beer in my backyard that I can’t touch. Dagnabbit.


Cheesehead Alert – My beloved Packers are actually 3-0 and I was doing a happy dance around the living room (sorry to provide THAT particular visual, but it’s true…) when Favre tied Marino’s Passing TD record at 420 yesterday. Luckily, it was a good enough game that I didn’t need a beer to watch it!!!


White & Nerdy – Even alone, I had a RIOT going to the Weird Al Yankovic concert. I was probably the oldest person there who didn’t have kids with her, but I screamed and hollered and sang. He even did “Yoda” (a parody of the Kinks’ “Lola,” for the uninitiated), which I didn’t expect and thoroughly enjoyed. The only thing that surprised me at all, and it didn’t turn out to be horrible or anything, was that he didn’t really do a ton of audience interaction. I’d sort of expected it, and I was just surprised, is all. (He did climb into the audience for one song, and sort of talked to a guy to try and get him to sing “Y-O-D-A, Yoda”…just expected him to be chatty and he really wasn’t.) I left there feeling WONDERFUL. I have my White & Nerdy t-shirt on today, and wore my “Weird Al is my Homeboy” t-shirt yesterday. I’m such a dork.


Beer – At work yesterday, I offered to provide free beer to anyone who could fix my tap. Had a couple of guys from work come over and Sis and I fed them supper and beer. It was very fun, and the tap just needed lube. Hm. Make your own joke about that.

Heroes – And Chuck. Don’t forget Chuck. I watched both of these NBC shows last night and loved them. Actually, The Journeyman comes on right afterward, and I’d already watched the preview on Amazon.com…liked that one too. I love Fall Premiere Week. Anyway, Heroes was incredible, and I can’t wait to find out more about Maya, and figure out why the smarmy ratboy from ‘Alias’ is now playing a smarmy ratboy Samurai on Heroes, and find out what happened to Peter Petrelli! (I rarely watch TV…cut me some slack. I know I’m a dork.)

And in Today’s News – Sis is going to a Tigers game with friends, so I am babysitting and trying to finish my first major assignment of my new class. Should be an adventure to combine the two. It's a good thing I jogged on my treadmill this morning. Also have more of Premiere Week to tape (Reaper, Bones, and have to figure out how to get House in there too…).

No comments: