9/8/07

Slow and Steady

I have decided that it is progress, not distance, which really does make the heart grow fonder. The more we get done on the set, the happier and less stressed I am. I am tired and sweaty and paint-covered, but I have a nearly-completed fireplace, almost completed trim, clean-up is started, and I will be ready to go at tomorrow's rehearsal. (The floor will have to be painted tomorrow night -- after about 6 hours today, I was DONE.) As of last Sunday, I was not so sure how things would go this week. I needn't have worried -- community always pulls through in a pinch.

So some of my time today was spent using sponges, making this, which looks kind of crappy close-up:






But back up a bit, and it looks better:





And from farther away, it starts to look kind of cool:





And when you get to the back of the theater, you can see that we just might have a set when everything comes together:





I need a shower. Au revoir.

No comments: