5/25/08

Bleeding Hearts


Bleeding Hearts
Originally uploaded by klutz67
Ha - I've been accused of being a bleeding-heart liberal for so long, perhaps THAT's why this is one of my favorite flowers. (Though, just to clarify, I don't consider myself a bleeding-heart anything...I'm pretty liberal, but it's based more on fact and logic than emotion.) I spent some time at Mom's yesterday, taking pictures in her flowerbeds and helping her reconnect some new soaker hoses. Don's been ill, so I gave him a big hug and chatted a few minutes, then I got Mom's voicemail set up on her cell phone. She knew how to use it yesterday when I left...we'll see how she does when I leave her a voice mail today. :)

Last night, Kaelyn spent the night and we had a lot of fun...so much, that we're going to try to do it again next week. Much will depend on rehearsal schedules, however. Scott and Breeanne helped me move a lot of furniture from his mom's house to mine yesterday as well, so I made them dinner. We all ate in the living room, using the "new" coffee table.

After they left, K and I watched part of a movie, she ate cookies, we played some computer games, she took a shower, and she crashed HARD. I hadn't gotten a guest bed yet, so we shared mine -- and it's amazing how a 55 lb kid can take up an entire queen size bed. By the time I came to bed, she was all over the place, and I slept on the edge all night!

We had pancakes and bacon this morning. She slathers peanut butter and syrup all over hers and it makes me nauseous to even contemplate it. Ugh. I was told that I make my pancakes too dark. Live and learn. Katie popped over to eat breakfast with us, and then she took K to church. Now I have a little over an hour until rehearsal starts. It's going to be a Long Day.

No comments: